UGC-CELL FOR JOURNALS ANALYSIS
- Operational since 2019, under the aegis of the University Grants Commission’s Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics (CARE).
- The cell creates and maintains the UGC-CARE List, to promote quality research, academic integrity and publication ethics in Indian Universities.
- Accessible at https://ugccare.unipune.ac.in
- Data from designated UGC CARE committees, council members and universities are critically analysed, and cross verified prior to approval for listing under UGC CARE.
- The CARE-List is dynamic and is updated quarterly.
- The cell adopts various mechanisms to counteract the problem of predatory, dubious and sub-standard journals.
- The UGC-CARE List Group I is collated from Indian journals, and with special reference to Arts, Humanities, Languages, Culture and Indian Knowledge Systems.
- The UGC-CARE List Group II is developed from all disciplines indexed in globally accredited databases.
- The first UGC-CARE List was published on 14th June 2019.